- RSS Channel Showcase 9758482
- RSS Channel Showcase 1754785
- RSS Channel Showcase 4103354
- RSS Channel Showcase 2924802
Articles on this Page
- 10/19/09--13:54: _SUMMARY OF THE IRIS...
- 03/08/10--09:44: _IRISH SOLIDARITY WI...
- 03/20/10--08:38: _EVENTS VIDEO ARCHIVE
- 08/30/10--08:09: _‘SOLIDARITY: A RETR...
- 04/02/14--03:48: _POLISH IMMIGRANT OR...
- 08/20/14--03:21: _NEWSTALK 106-108 FM...
- 04/03/15--08:07: _THE HISTORY SHOW RT...
- 10/08/16--02:15: _CELEBRATING 1000 YE...
- 05/08/17--03:26: _‘FRIENDS IN TIMES O...
- 05/26/17--03:51: _“ON OPPOSITE SIDES:...
- 10/19/09--13:54: SUMMARY OF THE IRISH POLISH SOCIETY ACTIVITIES DURING 2008/09
- 03/08/10--09:44: IRISH SOLIDARITY WITH POLAND.
- 03/20/10--08:38: EVENTS VIDEO ARCHIVE
- 08/30/10--08:09: ‘SOLIDARITY: A RETROSPECTIVE’ CONFERENCE IN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE CORK
- 04/03/15--08:07: THE HISTORY SHOW RTE RADIO 1 – MYLES DUNGAN
- 05/26/17--03:51: “ON OPPOSITE SIDES: CONSTANCE & CASIMIR MARKIEVICZ IN 1917”
The Committee of 12 members elected on 12th October 2008 had 10 meetings altogether (7 Nov, 5 Dec, 9 Jan, 6 Feb, 6 March, 3 April, 8 May, 5 June, 3 July, 4 Sept,). There was one-month break in August for summer holiday. However, during August some members of the Committee did some research and administrative work in relation to the Society.
Poland was a country in crisis in the early 1980s. The founding of the free trade union, Solidarity, in the Gdansk shipyard in August 1980, led to resistance to the Communist government. On 13th December, 1981, General Jaruzelski declared martial law and the army took control of the country. In Ireland a group of Polish [...]
Play Video See the Film. http://irishpolishsociety.blogspot.com/ http://wn.com/Seamus_Heaney_Poem
18 SEPTEMBER 2010 The School of History, University College Cork, in association with the Institute of History of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow, is pleased to announce that a one-day conference to mark the thirtieth anniversary of the creation of the Solidarity movement in Poland is scheduled to take place in University College Cork on [...]
Jarosław Płachecki Polish immigrant organisations after 2004 Introduction The present article is intended to order, select types and systematise knowledge of Polish immigrant organisations founded and active in Ireland after 2004. The author does not analyse typical businesses, Polish immigrant schools, trade unions, Polish branches of international organisations in Ireland or purely commercial and service […]
Part 1 Warsaw Uprising in 1944, Election of Tadeusz Mazowiecki in 1989, Polish migration to Ireland and IPS Art Exhibition in 2014: Ms Joanna Piechota, prof. Gabriel Doherty and dr Jaroslaw Płachecki. / the link 1 / Part 2 Warsaw Uprising in 1944 and the current political situation in Poland – Prof. Wawrzyniec Konarski. / […]
Pawel Strzelecki The life of Pawel Strzelecki isn’t very well documented in Ireland, despite the fact that he changed the course of many Irish people’s lives. This week, to mark the PolskaEire Festival, his life will be celebrated by Hanna Dowling, the secretary of the Irish Polish Society. Louise Denvir spoke to Hanna about Pawel’s […]
The Polish Chaplaincy in Dublin is organizing a conference to celebrate the 1050th Anniversary of the Conversion of Poland and the 10th Anniversary of the Polish Chaplaincy in Ireland. The tile of the conference is “Celebrating 1000 years of common heritage between Poland and Ireland: Irish and Scottish Monastic foundations and the origins of European […]
This historical exhibition reveals how the Polish nobleman initiated diplomatic relations and long-lasting friendship between the young states of Ireland and Poland in the 20th century. For more information visit the exhibition website: http://polishconsulexhibition.ie/ From the moment he set foot on the Emerald Isle, Dobrzyński became deeply infatuated with Ireland and her people. In total, […]
“On opposite sides: Constance & Casimir Markievicz in 1917” was a mini-tour of Poland taking in Warsaw, Lublin & Poznan. It really began with a lecture for the Irish Polish Society in the Polish House on 19 February, followed by another in April to the Dublin 15 Historical Society in Blanchardstown Library. The Polish visit […]